October 22, 2010

So this is how it begins?

Oh my goodness. I can't believe how they treat her. Her aunt is such an evil person, she could see that Jane was scared yet she kept her locked in that room, and then felt no remorse for leaving her there and making her have a fit.

John is such a tyrant, I know I could not have taken being abused that way, I'd have hit him right back, worse than he hit me. The girls, Eliza and Georgiana are just as terrible. Standing there watching him hit her and they just laugh like she's a stray dog.

Bessie is the only nursemaid that seems tolerable. The other seems like a wretched old hag. But the doctor, what a lovely man. He listens to her and helps her to escape.

Although, in that escape comes in an added foe, that evil old butthead mr. Brocklehurst. Had I been Jane I'd have hit him in the head with a walking stick. Stuck up old brood. And his family is no better.

The school seems to me a place of hope for Jane, she has acquired a friend, and the teachers seem to be quite gay. Darling Ms. Temple is truly a wonderful person, I do believe she can help Jane.

No comments:

Post a Comment